Thursday, December 15, 2016

Baking

My brother Adam just flew in from California on Monday. It has been so great having him home. We've been baking a lot these last few days. My mom got a new pan to make a house, and Anastasia and I had fun decorating them. 

Here are the finished results.

Sveta helped make cinnamon popcorn to give to the kids teachers as Christmas gifts.

The choir had a Christmas party last night. Annalyn and Thomas are in choir, and I plan to join it after the new year. For the party, I made carrot cake cupcakes. I was feeling creative so I decided to decorate them with little carrots.

Not much of them got eaten. That just means more for us at home. I personally love carrot cake, but I can see why some wouldn't. 

 After the kids got home from school, we decorated cookies. 

Nolan was particularly excited, and took extra care with each cookie.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE carrot cake and yours look beautiful. I like baking too, but really don't do too much anymore unless I'm having company, because them my husband and I would have to eat it all :-) The kids all look happy decorating their cookies. That is always a fun activity, isn't it? You have a great day Julia :-)

    Marilyn from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely how you know how to make a "home". I found that a special gift now that women tend to "work outside" and "be independent" is really important to keep the love to, not only our house, but to our home.
    Keep baking!

    ReplyDelete